LoAKaFe

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Just another day…

It was a cold winter night and there I was sitting on the front yard of my house. The neighbourhood was extremely quite even of some of the occasional naughty ones who run down the street.

Left nothing much to do, I started to take a stroll down the drizzling pathway. The climate was just as peaceful as anyone could ever want. After a few blocks, I stopped by to take a deep breath and do a few stretches. And after the first few stretches, I froze to hear something.

There was a faint whimpering in the air. Tracing the noise I slowly moved around the corner and found a litter of puppies on the cold wet ground. I bend down to see if these adorable ones were safe. Sadly, they weren’t. The cold had closed their eyes, giving them no visions of the ugly rag life they were about to live. I mustered up my emotions trying to find where the whimper was from.

A bit down further, there was this little brave one, standing and whimpering into the cold winds, probably calling for her mother. She might have known about her brothers and was seeking her mother for comfort and warmth. She stood there, a survivor, whimpering and occasionally yelping. This little one’s hope really had my heart melt down. Quickly I picked her up and warmed her with my coat. I knew the probability of her mother returning was very sleek, even if she was alive.

I dint’ enjoy this weather anymore. Clutching this poor soul I started walking back home, thinking of her brothers, feeling slightly miserable and depressed. A slight glow in me kept my spirit up. At least this one was safe. Just as I was planning on how to raise a puppy, I noticed something that completely left me aghast. I felt all my selflessness drivelling through my body. I saw a simple image we all cross everyday. Something we never have or had bothered to give a second thought.

There in a corner was a small figure of a dirty kid in rags. Shaking vigorously in the cold. I stood there for a moment that seemed like ages with my jaw open, completely loss of words. I wished I could pick him up too. A part of me was already helping the kid up and had gone home. But reality was far from it. All I did was just stand there, soaking in the moist wind. I had the strength to raise a pup, not a human kid. Slowly I walked away. Before I left the vicinity I saw him, his eyes were twinkling. Not of joy but of the tear that froze in my heart.

I returned home to write this story up. Wish I had done something. Or did I just do?

~fEelix

1 Comments:

  • hey elix, you are a great soul to know. your words come from heart or don't know if you are a writer by proffesion. great thoughts and great writing dude. keep writing

    By Blogger indu, at 12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home